Monday, October 19, 2009

Thing #8

Okay I will admit I had no idea what wiki meant! Ha! I am currently working on the Intel Essentials class and we post to a wiki and now it makes so much sense. WOW! This has been a tough year- I promise I am usually a lot more with it than this! I really enjoyed visiting the different wikis and brainstorming ideas of how I can use this in my classroom. I currently have a class website, but a wiki seems way cooler! I like how the Primary Math wiki has a list of topics to the side. I could post many of the topics we are learning about in class so that my students have a way to study and review at home. On Mr. Lindsay's wiki I liked how he had the images and titles of different pages all right there for a student or parent to choose from. Many of my students and their parents are new to the internet and may lack the experience to search for things. This would make it so much easier. While reading Mr. Monson's 5th Grade class wiki I thought about how excited the kids must be to try and get 1000 responses to each topic. They must spend some time brainstorming some really good topics that would elicit such response! 


No comments:

Post a Comment