Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thing #23

I am a Myspace and Facebook user. I have ventured out recently and tried Twitter, but I was really excited when I got on Classroom 2.0. Finally a networking site where I can go for information and advice for teaching! One particular topic I looked into was the Smartboard/Promethean topics. Lots of people were wondering about the slate which I am not a fan of! I thought it was interesting to read others' opinions as well as read tips. The 23thingers on ning was also really cool. I really wish we would have started this before the last "thing." 

I would love to use some of these things in the classroom but I worry about the maturity of my 5th graders. I have an immature group and I am not sure they could handle this type of thing. I was planning on starting a science club in the future so maybe that is something I can do with that group since it will be a smaller number of students and easier to monitor. I could see how this would be very beneficial in the upper grades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment